CYM 4.76% 4.4¢ cyprium metals limited

Marketing Cyprium - why it is being ignored ?

1. 1,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 702

Just a day of random thoughts on various stocks and was thinking about the lack of market coverage and marketing of CYM. So I thought I might have a bit of a rant about it. Sorry in advance lol !!

Yes it is a factor of no BIG news and, as Baz always says, this is the boring part of the journey - infill drilling, resource definition, getting approvals, etc. And Dr Copper is often a little bit of a boring story at times some say (I don't, I love it). So I get that. But, when you stand back and think of where other copper producers and the differential in both market coverage and broker coverage it is a little perplexing. Not to mention the hype of lithium.

Some small caps do a pretty good job of spruiking their wares. Sometimes it is Disallowed but it does raise profiles and get the attention of investors. This is not to criticize Baz and the crew - they are doing an amazing job in getting a mine restarted but the market does not like boring stories. As an example, yesterday's presentation was quite a lacklustre affair imo. This was an opportunity in one of the biggest investor markets in the country with brokers all over the place to get some excitement out there and really all we got was the same story - yes the are focussing now on the excellent project metrics but many of us know that the "market" often thinks that Nifty is a clapped out asset that is essentially worthless. The guys should be confronting this 'myth' . Tez got only part the way there when he talked about the myth of the heap leach retreat - but really, this is soo geeky that no-one would really care. With such near term production, an asset that they picked up a bargain basement prices and probably a million tonnes of copper in the ground (after resource upgrades in the next little while) is this all that they can talk about ?

Now these investor days are kinda geeky affairs, I also get that. But the question I have is how CYM is going to market itself going forward. They have done a good job up till now I guess ith limited resources, but this period should be an inflection point. So many copper small caps that have only resources in the ground get a lot more coverage and we get none (or virtually none, a few things here and there).

Their current investor relations consultant is probably not up to the mark in this space, but where are the investor days, where is the company trotting out brokers to the mine, where is the story being told in all it's glory. Maybe this will come with the finance and sure COVID was a bugger. But, imho, there is a bit of a disconnect here. Baz is not a born marketer - he's very much a technical guy and admits it freely. Presentations alone will not crack it. They need more broker coverage, more coverage in industry rags, more engagement with the market.

So, all I'm really saying I guess is that perhaps there is a need for some more concerted effort and some professional consultants perhaps. I have a REE play (American Rare Earths) and these guys absolutely KILL it with market coverage and they are yet to declare a REE resource ! Check out their website, Twitter feed and ASX announcements.

After all, what copper company can say that they will be debt free in three years and generating $200-300 m pa with tenements with another 1 million tonnes of copper at least ? It is a good story about what will be a very sustainable and profitable business.

Anyway, happy investing. Got it off my chest at least lol !!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
0.002(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $67.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.4¢ 4.1¢ $164.2K 3.856M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 867805 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 634685 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.