SRT 0.00% 16.0¢ strata investment holdings plc

marlin where is announcement, page-25

1. 104 Posts.
    For those who asked

The guy who was charged with insider trading was called "stocko". He was an old hotcopperite from way back and was one of the greatest rampers and sh*t stirrers of all time.

Details below..

A MELBOURNE man accused of leaking embargoed company news to a share traders website will face trial for insider trading.

Peter Robert Woodland, of Frankston, was charged with 17 counts of insider trading last year by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission after a tip-off by the recently renamed Australian Securities Exchange.

Woodland is accused of illegally trading shares of a Western Australian mining company, Andean Resources, five times between November and December 2003, just before an announcement that the company had taken over a goldmine in Chile.

The other 12 counts relate to comments he allegedly posted on the HotCopper trading website about the company — at that stage called Kanowna Consolidated Gold Mines — which ASIC considered to be "communicating inside information to others at a time when it was not generally available to the public".

The ASX regularly monitors shares-focused internet discussion boards for potential breaches of securities laws, which require listed companies to ensure news that might influence its share price be available to all market watchers.

Woodland pleaded not guilty in the Melbourne Magistrates Court this week to all 17 charges and was bailed to face trial in the County Court on June 21

and the result..

Melbourne sharetrader, Mr Peter Robert Woodland, has been sentenced in the County Court of Victoria to 18 months imprisonment, fully suspended, to be of good behaviour for two years, after pleading guilty on Friday 16 November 2007 to one count of insider trading and one count of communicating inside information to other persons. The charges were brought by ASIC.

Mr Woodland, of Frankston, Victoria, pleaded guilty to acquiring 584,000 shares in Western Australian mining company, Kanowna Consolidated Gold Mines Limited (Kanowna) while possessing information that was not generally available and was expected to have a material effect on the value of the Kanowna securities. The shares were acquired in multiple transactions at a cost of $27,000 between 28 November and 5 December 2003. Kanowna is now known as Andean Resources Limited.

Mr Woodland also pleaded guilty to one count of communicating inside information to other persons via the internet between 24 November and 7 December 2003, at a time when the information was not generally available to the public and when he knew, or ought reasonably to have known, those persons would be likely to apply for or acquire Kanowna shares.

ASIC alleged that Mr Woodland was in possession of inside information prior to an announcement to the market by Kanowna on 10 December 2003 regarding Kanowna’s acquisition of the Cerro Negro gold mine project in Argentina. The price of Kanowna shares rose by over 100 per cent as a result of this information.

Mr Woodland came into possession of the inside information when he provided consulting computer services to Kanowna.

So there you go...

By the way, a girl I know does corporate massage for RSL directors and she overhead them say that next week......

Ha Ha.... kidding

I know nothing. I hold. I hope..

good luck to us all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.