marriage bill back in parliament, page-57

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    as an instution it has failed - it does not do what it is designed to do

I guess it depends on what marriage means to you. For me I never expected marriage to solve all my problems in life. I understand that to succeeed in anything you do in life requires you to work at it.

What I don't understand is your belief that marriage should be abolished because it has no bearing on one's life. I would argue this. I would argue that for a lot of people marriage makes a huge difference to their life. As I said before, for many it is not about any religious implication but a confirmation of one's life committment to another. Whether this is psychological or not, it doesn't matter.

We celebrate Christmas too, sing carols even though we are not religious. Why? Because it has grown as a pleasant experience in our own lives and we want our own children to experience it too. Other than that for us it has no meaning. Should this be abolished against our will too?

You are a very conflicted person. Here you are trying to take away CHOICE from people yet at the same time sprouting some sort of mass failure of democracy in our society. How democratic is removing the choice of marriage from our society?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.