Marriage equality?

1. 25,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    There appears to be a great amount of deception being used in this so called debate

It's all in how the question is phrased, what words are used and how the question is asked because some of the polls that I have read ask the wrong question

IMHO and in my research the debate should not be about marriage equality which most people agree with but the use of the word marriage to describe the union between same sex couples

If a referendum is conducted on the matter and it should be, the question must be,
    do you agree with same sex couples using the word marriage to describe their union.

Almost every one I have spoken to have no problem with homosexuals having all the rights that existing married people do but if they change the definition of the word in the English language what of the rights that are being trampled on for the traditional married people

Lets get to the basis of the augment
    Homosexuals want to use the word marriage because they believe that it will give their union the respect that they desperately want.

Respect is earned and can not be taken by deception

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.