I agree dchenowe, I posted the same thought some time ago, why...

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I agree dchenowe, I posted the same thought some time ago, why does the gay community, (they stole that word to decribe themselves as opposed to homosexual or lesbian, sounds nicer and less harsh doesn't it?), want to now denigrade the word marraige to describe their union. Like the 60's Herman's Hermit's song lyric about a bloke being 'gay' just doesn't sound right now does it.
    Let them create a new word!

I am not religeous, but have studied various religions, they all use the description taken from the bible that a marriage is between a man and a woman. Lest no man stand between that union!

Therefore how can a union between a man and a man or a woman and a woman, be called a marriage? They definitely have to create a new word to describe their 'union'.

Granted we do use the term marriage in other contexts, such as Gin and Tonic make a great marriage, but are we all letting the minority once again tell the majority what we WILL accept in our language?
    Of course letting gays 'marry' legally will pave the way for IVF for gay couples and we will have more children with no future being born into more disfunctional households.
    That said, I don't care what people do behind closed doors, go for it, just don't expect to bring our society down to your level.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.