"my opinion is ju jitsu 1st because its the most well...

1. 317 Posts.
    "my opinion is ju jitsu 1st because its the most well rounded,and mui thai 2nd because its so brutal in standup,although i think wrestlers and kickboxers have merit and have been very effective in ufc,where the proof is in the pudding so to speak"

- not sure how jiu jistu is well rounded. do you guys mean JJ or BJJ? Not many submissions in Jiu jitsu... it's judo with striking. Subs in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. big difference.

no way BJJ is the most well rounded. No striking component.

Anderson schools almost anyone. Not sure why you would pick Cain Velasquez - he lasted a minute against dos santos, got rocked badly by gabriel gonzaga.

why are some "martial arts" not effective? - if you want to be a good fighter a big chunk of your training has to be fighting. Nothing like being punched in the face repeatedly to sharpen your skills and get you used to being in pressure and painful situations.

that is why wrestlers are so good at transitioning to MMA. wrestling is HARD. a continual grind for years and years. If you have ever wrestled you will know what I mean!

Underrated fighting system SAMBO - Fedor's art. Submission grappling, judo and straight up kickboxing (combat sambo).

great fun. Not the technicality of BJJ but the grind of wrestling and the power hitting of MT.

funny argument to have though - fighters make a style effective, no the style itself. Look at Cung Le: no one thought sanshou had a hope in hell of being effective in combat sports. just goes to show it's all about practice.

who do i want in a fight for me? Anderson.
    last thing: to expect anderson to want to fight JBJ is dumb: JBJ is 20kgs heavier and much larger. why not JBJ v's dos santos?

a closer fight in size.

R

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.