MJP 0.00% 0.8¢ martin aircraft company limited

Martin Aircraft extends IPO for offshore investor, page-8

1. 9,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 802
    Simple answer - sort of.

I'm not into talking it up or down but a couple of things I haven't seen any media comment on.
    don't get me wrong what they have achieved is wonderful and exciting
    With a ceiling of 1000m I see a issue straight away. It doesn't have the capability to perform in thinner air at any elevation so it is limited to where it can be deployed beyond 1000m above sea level? Yep they will sell some and it will mature but until they have a product that is more versatile in and more broadly applicable to the fields they claim to have serious interest from like the military I think they will suck in lots of cash, struggle to sell.
    To be blunt the first IPO for these guys is a taste test and much goes in setting up the structure , admin and then on costs then it won't be long before they are back at the capital raising trough as I don't think they really will have enough $ to get to sustainable sales. I have more reading to do but I always see numbers blow out so unless these guys are somehow different that is what i am expecting. They seem to be floating a sit is every boys dream and seems very marketable etc but I am not sure the business model adds up to be a listed company as I believe they could achieve that funding privately but have chosen the public route .

i see lots of partnering required with a large aerospace, helicopter or aircraft manufacturer to get the efficiency of flight time up and payload up as well. It has drone potential right now but is a narrow field of what drone needs to lift that many KG. Partner with tesla and go electric I can see some advantage in quietness if they can keep run time up.

Emergency and rescue orgs try lots of stuff but rarely are long term clients of any volume and these guys need volume to justify the cost of structure they are creating around their product.

Just some random thoughts from someone who want to see them succeed and eventually own one but has seen so many start up drag on for years and suck cash. Hope they are different .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MJP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.