CTP 4.00% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

correct if I'm wrong but I see Dawes as a provider of seed...

1. 2,793 Posts.

correct if I'm wrong but I see Dawes as a provider of seed capital which he arranges through the creation of unknown private companies, like PXA, which he then takes on the road to hold off the radar discussions with the like of QGC/BG -

so he essentially spots a good prospect like CTP, gets in early and cheap with them using PXA and GSG, then as with PXA gets GB to takeover all of PXA while earning for himself a healthy little profit

reminds me a lot of the venture capital, while it sure saves John of CTP a lot of leg work when looking for solid JV partners, which would explain why Martin Place got in initially for such a good price - so Dawes would save John the distraction of city meeting after city meeting with prospective JV partners (or farmins etc)

This is a very strategic business model we are seeing come to light here - John and Dawes must have been planning this for ages

needless to say Dawes being able to simply hand over the keys to a company like PXA to BG via a simple share transfer of all holdings makes the admin side cost effective for everyone - no messy prospectus or 'institutional placement' to have to worry about

I think we are dealing with a bunch of pros here

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.002(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.0¢ $27.02K 519.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37632 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 72110 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.