XJO 1.16% 7,956.6 s&p/asx 200

"fwiiw I don't buy all this great advances to be made stuff .How...

1. 35,745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    "fwiiw I don't buy all this great advances to be made stuff .How much further advanced do we need to be"

Pisces,

well i guess that is the heart of innovation (or lack of) -while the vast mojority think of things as unneccesary, impossible or of no use if it wasn't for the very few that did follow these fields while many doubted then we would not be in the world we are today. Things will always continue to evolve.

FWIW and maybe moving a bit off topic but i was listening to a great radio show the other week where guests & callers where highlighting there "most stupid or regrettable" losses in the past. The amount of amazing stories that came through as business's they had simply shrugged of 10/20/30/40 years ago because at the time they thought the idea was "stupid & had not a single chance of going anywhere" yet to look at those business's today that where passed up - no doubt they would be kicking themselves.

Bottled water - "stupid idea who's going to buy something you can get free out of a tap"

Simpsons license for all merchandise / media sales in Australia for $5000 when it was just a pilot show in the US - "$5,000 are you serious - not a chance"

The list went on but it goes to show that the real success's come from areas where everybody doubts the need or use of them.

If only we all had crystal balls :-)

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.