TVN 0.00% 4.7¢ tivan limited

He was really good, articulate as always, knew the subject...

1. 4,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3111
    He was really good, articulate as always, knew the subject matter intimately & had been paying close attention to the questions put to other proponents such that pre-empting Senate questions was part of his testimony

The questions towards the gas giant Santos, new proponent Tamboran, even Suncable were very much concern around enabling new carbon emitting projects, polluting air & Free informed prior consent with TO.
    Even Suncable didn't escape this with concerns raised that the public recognition of their project & association with MASDP, were possibly helpful to high carbon emitting projects providing a greenwashing front.

What was established was that the green hydrogen & some of the other MASDP proponents would require enormous amounts of electricity & that large projects in Darwin have only really been possible if they built their own power stations to supply their facilities.

Building on the Suncable comments about their target customer was large scale industry & supplying renewable power 24/7 with batteries (Suncable said they have not settled on a battery chemistry) Grant clearly articulated that transmission corridor to MASDP & Darwin in general would not only accelerate Darwin & Darwin industrial decarbonisation, but unlock 7 or 8 other solar projects in the NT 'stranded' from the grid & also provide that much needed additional generation/supply which would enable new projects in Darwin.

My personal feeling up until the point of Grants testimony was the inquiry outcome was not going to end well at all for NT development. However pointing out that funding the transmission corridor would unlock renewable generated electricity literally turned that around. It also, IMO, did seem to have some bearing on the Senators asking questions.

It would be hard to understand, I think, without watching the whole day's testimony, but one thing I am 100% sure of is there would be people in that room thinking differently at the back end of what developing the NT could look like as a result of what he bought to the inquiry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $81.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 125000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 18750 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.55am 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.