CBD 0.00% 1.1¢ cbd energy limited

Hey Dreamer,Just for you (well, and me) I've spent some time...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Hey Dreamer,

Just for you (well, and me) I've spent some time looking at CBD today. I think what you say is correct, but here is what I came up with.

"I've just had a quick look at CBD energy because it has just announced that their $280 Taralga wind farm has reached financial close. When it is built, I think their share will bring in about $2 million cashflow per year, at an absolute minimum, with the potential for considerably more than that. This is in addition to other profitable but low quality businesses. The company has a market cap of $5 million. The biggest threat to the company is that it becomes a distressed seller, well before it has a functioning wind farm, as it has $15 million of debt, in various forms.

Note 14 of the Half-Yearly report details their debt. I think they are in breach of their series one notes, meaning that in 2015 they will owe about $11 million on the notes, rather than about $7 million. This means that in 2015 it is likely that a debt of about $22 million will be due, as I understand it. I have decided to throw them in the "too hard" basket for now."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.