CL8 0.00% 1.3¢ carly holdings limited

Massive Breakout Alert, page-138

1. 2,568 Posts.
    Hi Dubspec,

One of the founders of Car Next Door makes an interesting point:

"Car Next Door’s Davies says it is likely there would eventually be consolidation in the car sharing market but notes there is plenty of room for growth since all car sharing companies are eating into the much bigger business of car ownership itself.

Car sharing worldwide is big business; in Germany alone there are 150 car-sharing companies."

http://www.brw.com.au/p/entrepreneurs/car_next_door_seeks_ride_to_the_YzAaHo40y65LLaeMqZ1McN

All of these businesses are disruptive innovators in a massive market. There is plenty of room for all of them - at this early stage. In saying this CND's business model is somewhat different - shorter term rentals from hours to days. This requires greater transactions on smaller margins - but I'm in no way dismissing the opportunity here as this market is massive and mainly directed to C2C. On the other hand DMC securing volume in the longer term rentals would be best done through secure longer term relationship via B2B and could become a lot more lucrative (I think you're suggesting this anyway?). IMO there could easily be multiple places of comfort in this market.

Personally I think DMC's website is far superior to CND. Also same with Chris Noone's publicity efforts. Obviously the overall marketing campaign is somewhat held back due to $$$ and limited listings but paid advertising like Google Adwords (which all players do) can quickly eat into your profits. That's why the right publicity is essential. If you think public shareholders have limited patients for further funding requirement try testing the patients of private equity - if they don't see fast results they can quickly pull the plug and/or force a sale.

And of course lets not forget that DMC is not the only business CL8 has in operation. Then there's those to be announced AND along with Peerpass.....If approached right Peerpass, as a preferred value add to the P2P industry, could out value the lot.

JMHO and please DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CL8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.