We were talking about America.When the NSW Health minister shuts...

1. 20,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    We were talking about America.

When the NSW Health minister shuts down construction sites and when asked how many of the cases came from them answered..."I dont know".

They are crossing their fingers here. Seems you are too.

Infectious Diseases Expert Professor Robert Booy said the decision to shut down construction was evidence-based and it would hopefully not extend longer than two weeks.
    "You have to look at the evidence. When you see lots of transmission on building sites because people are crowded, because people are not washing their hands, wearing masks, then you have to say well, there is the problem, how do we fix it?" Professor Booy told Today.
    "This is the peak time now. Are we actually going to get control with all of those extra measures on workers and keeping people apart? I sincerely think we can and this week will tell the story."

Professor Booy said cases were showing up at worksites and that is why NSW Health made the extreme choice to close them down.
    "It is tough on lives and livelihoods, the two are enmeshed," he said.
    "If we have good health we can have good business. The two have to work together so we get control of the virus and get back to as normal a life as possible after this."
    Oi...give me any empirical evidence I CAN SEE AND READ FOR MYSELF or rationale that kids outta be kept out of schools

The idea is to have as least people mobile as possible in an infectious period.
    Parents take kids to school. Kids catch public transport. I can't believe you can't understand how much mobility and close contact happens on a school morning and afternoon.
    Oh, yes I can. You believe the election was stolen. Really, you do seem to have better than average intelligence in expression but not with what you express.

Show me the same sort of evidence that the social distancing metrics utilised are based on empirical studies

Well, it seemed to work for New Zealand and Australia but being isolated islands help.
    Look at the leaks coming from quarantine. No lockdowns we would be like every other country.
    You wouldn't acknowledge any studies anyway let alone look for them.
    Do some research on R0 with virus transmission and covid-19.

Ill wait

I'm sure you will.
    You would dismiss it but absorb all conspiracy theories instantly.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.