WZR 0.00% 3.5¢ wisr limited

You are the typical investor that puts money into a smallcap...

1. 455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 78

You are the typical investor that puts money into a smallcap earlystage startup expecting 10 fold returns in 1 year not understanding that a) businesses take time to grow and b) the market takes time to respond and tend to do it post delivery of results not in anticipation of results. I am not a bull nor a bear on this stock although I do hold it understanding the risk/return ratio and what we are up against here. If the business can grow sustainably over time and deliver on their narrative that they have conveyed to the market without having to raise capital again; then there's definite upside here. If the business can't; then the market won't move from here. There has been a broad-based sell-off across the whole equity market and small caps will always get hit harder than others, even more so a smallcap who hasn't yet proven cashflow positive or profitability. You are naive to think there would have been any other result.

Your understanding of companies at this early stage is poor. No early stage company's share price responds in a linear fashion only going one direction. To be rewarded, you generally have to hold many ups and downs before you get your pop (often taking years if ever happening at all)

Your understanding of the financial services market is just as rudimentary. The market is big enough for the big banks to play here and for non bank lenders to exist. The market is >$175bn which means WZR doesn't have to carve out the entire market to win in this space. If you actually understood the market dynamics in the unsecured space you would know that the banks market share has decreased over the last 10 years and the proportion of non bank lenders has increased 85%/15% to almost 70%/30%. Caveat, I am not suggesting WZR will win in this space either; as there are other competitors. All I am saying is that these non bank lenders don't have to become the 5th bank in order for their share price to move. WZR has picked up a tiny fraction of the market and there is plenty of runway if they can deliver on their narrative (IF).

I'm also flabbergasted that you are criticising a cap raise which was done at a price significantly higher than the current share price and the timing of which now looks like a broad stroke of genius (coincidence likely not design) given the current turmoil in markets. Would you have preferred WZR was raising now, in a market where companies can barely get a dime and are literally unable to raise cash? (see Volt Bank which just went under overnight). Your understanding of capital management is almost as good as your understanding of the market opportunity here and the small caps space.

I genuinely enjoy listening to everyone's perspectives; both the bulls and the bears especially the ones that challenge a thesis (in particular my own). To me your rant (/summary of this thread) just sounds like someone doing a summary for your own validation post selling, after buyers remorse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ $15.74K 444.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 129263 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 144087 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.5¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ 303252
Last updated 13.12pm 04/06/2024 ?
WZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.