BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

massive re-rate ..., page-37

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    "Just because Merk sold of its Rnai assets doesn't mean are not working with Shrna. I think Hoyland had put up a piece on cholesterol NHP studies that where going good, maybe this is left field deal waiting in the wings. Merck taking a license from Benitec : )."

Hi Buda, your absolutely right. I was merely pointing out that Merck is not really an RNAi company. All of the bigpharma use ddRNAi, for research purposes (which incidentially Merck do have a licence for even though it is not really needed). I guess they sold their siRNA assets so cheap to Alnylam because, try as they might, they just couldn't work out how to deliver it, and the patents don't have that much time left on them.

Interestingly, Merck expressly stated on their website that they were not interested in DNA directed RNAi therapeutics. I can't find that information now, maybe they have changing their minds. Their ddRNAi monkey studies did seem very impressive.

J&J, Novartis, Merck, Pfizer, and Gilead will all be circling soon. AstraZeneca paid well over the odds for ModeRNA last year that didn't even have reliable animal studies that essentially valued them at over $3b.

Hold on to your shares folks, this is what we have been waiting for. Forget the daily ups and downs, as the manipulators will be everywhere. Just think of the eventual fully franked dividends instead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.