CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

massive uk fit news, page-30

1. 1,341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Justinmetals,

I find your posts a great contribution and very reasonable. So I'm going to assume that that was an accidental caps, not a shout.

I agree with you completely on the merits of Bluegen over ClearEdge, and, if you read my above posts, you will see I have made the argument myself that CFU tech will win.

Whereas a carbon price favours more CO2 efficient tech (by charging it less for carbon emitted) a FiT operates completely independently from carbon emissions. A FiT includes the technologies that the politicians say are included. End of story.

If you look at the legislation, most FiTs have a list of included technologies (often found in the regulations or a schedule to the act). Once a technology is on that list, it doesn't matter how efficient it is.

Obviously, in order to maintain integrity, the politicians MUST NOT include non-clean technology like ClearEdge. However, politicians are politicians and I guarantee you that many, if not the majority, of FiTs have lost their integrity for political reasons.

A FiT is an extremely delicate mechanism. If it is "controlled" responsibly, it is the most efficient, most powerful and most effective way to deploy a new technology.

It is also very prone to failure if you get the settings wrong. The process of incremental change to the price in the UK suggests that the controllers are taking a sensible approach.

The key question, as far as the UK market is concerned, is whether ClearEdge will get FiT approval. You can probably find the criteria for approval in the act.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.