CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

massive uk fit news, page-9

1. 824 Posts.
    Kaz

Not for a while. They have 5 year terms. I dont think a labor government in the UK would be less supportive.

CFU and the Minister's statements are not simply about FiTs.

CFU summarize it thus:

"The Minister confirmed his intention to raise the UK feed in tariff for micro-CHP, remove the 30,000 cap in the upcoming Phase 2 of the feed in tariff consultation, provide support to the ambition of a 1 million unit installed base by 2020 and for future regulatory measures to drive micro-CHP uptake."

So we have the following elements:
    1. raise FiT
    2. removal of the 30,000 cap
    3. provision of support to the ambition of 1 million units by 2020; and
    4. future regulatory measure to drive uptake.

The last two might be much more important than the first two. Support might include cash incentives or tax concessions. Regulatory measure might mandate use in all new dwellings.

As the release says, UK Govt sees a role for Govt forcing this change. Unfortunately, in Australia Govt intervention favoured solar over fuel cells. Guess climate may have a lot to do with that.

However, it is clear from the Smarthouse reports that the Bluegen has a much larger (in the multiples)impact on CO2 reduction than solar.

I was critical of the timing of that submission to govt and they way it painted a bleak future for fuel cell makers. But, it seems to have done what they wanted. The main issue for us now is how these changes a constructed to reward efficiency. The risk is the cheaper less efficient technology like Clearedge's will steal the deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.