AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

massive, page-150

1. 4,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hi Upmarket.

Nice post/commentary.

I think the majority of AVB long termers are exactly like yourself: they don't post on the forum too often; they have a proper perspective/approach to investing/speculating in small miners and - like you said - don't try to trade the minor movements. They also don't get too hung up or offended by people posting alternate viewpoints. You are among the the smart ones on this forum (and I sense there are a lot of them amongst the AVB holders). I see from your avatar/profile the asset split that make up the components of your SMSF (i.e. only 15% spread amongst a range of small caps). I like it!

It sounds very sensible - but also still allows for a bit of fun/excitement (for want of a better phrase) by having a flutter on a 20-1/50-1 shot (like AVB) without betting the whole the farm. Then (literally) sit back and passively see what might happen over a 2, 3 5 year horizon.

But what I don't get is the one or two VERY vocal - and so-called "I-am-in-for-the-long-haul-and-it-doesn't-matter-what the-price-is-today" investors - who stalk this chat forum on a 24/7 basis. Meanwhile, as they post their hourly/daily prognostications they bag naysayers for posting too frequently.

Anyway - its only a minor oddity: the behavioural pattern doesn't really match the (apparent) investment profile (but as long as you are positive on the stock its okay to exhibit those behaviours).

Sounds like you have done pretty good on AVB so far, and no doubt if things really do develop over the next 15 months it will keep you interested!

Like you so rightly said, no one truly knows when sentiment can/will change.

Good luck

Coop

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.