GRK 0.00% 0.2¢ green rock energy limited

massively undervalued geothermal stock

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I was having a read through some past announcements from GRK and came across this bit of info:

The Blanche No 1 well penetrated sedimentary cover rocks over the granite which provides a “blanket” to retain heat generated from depth. A significant formation in the cover rocks, the Tregolana shale, had measured temperature gradients of around 60ºC/1,000 metres in keeping with its low thermal conductivities and nearby drill holes at Olympic Dam had readings reported to be up to 83ºC/1,000 metres.
    In the underlying granite the temperature gradients measured around 30ºC/1000metres.

Nearby drill holes at the Olympic Dam mine have readings up to 35ºC/ 1,000 metres.
    Based on these readings, temperatures of greater than 200ºC, currently considered desirable for conventional HDR power generation projects, have been modeled to occur at depths between 5,500 and 6,000 metres in the area in the vicinity of Blanche No 1.
    Drilling to these depths is within the range of available drilling technology.
    This temperature information suggests that a “low” grade geothermal resource (120ºC to 185ºC) will occur from around 3,000 metres to 5,500 metres and a “high” grade geothermal resource from 5,500 metres and deeper.

Compare that to other geothermal prospects and take into consideration their location. GRK is massively undervalued IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.