MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

I think you are both right on some aspects, adder keeps talking...

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    I think you are both right on some aspects, adder keeps talking about TRL's and metalstorm being years away from production, yet we see things like metalstorm being chosen for Force Protection for 40mm non lethal and also 12gauge non lethal, those two don't seem to fit with that thinking do they?

Like I said I reckon the truth lies somewhere in between, I think that the TRL's for the non lethal aspects of the MAUL and the Firestorm are not that far away? one of the Force Protection weapons I believe is based on the Firestorm, the other the MAUL? but I have not seen that in print anywhere, I think that the non lethal aspects of MPM will be certified shortly and it's selection is in the bag, for a number of reasons-:

A/ we didn't see any non lethal 60mm medusa stuff in FP. why? Firestorm is much better for a number of reasons I believe.

B/ metalstorm were asked to fit existing 40mm non lethal grenade rounds like the type fired from the M203 etc with selectable range /KE but only for non lethal, so we can deduce from that that the US definitely want's that in their arsenal.

C/ metalstorm were asked to implement optical fusing into their rounds Optical Fusing can be used in 40mm and also 18mm, it is a far more accurate method than spin counting or timing, and it can be used to slow a round when the target is reached as well, that was a selling point of Optical Fusing in the first place.

I believe the MPM will be selected for at least some of the MPM if not all, I also believe that the non lethal aspects are very close to being certified for use, which is what is holding up the purchase of Force Protection as well until they are ready for use, so I don't see the lack of TRL's causing metalstorm to be years away, not for the non lethal stuff anyway, I believe the non lethal stuff will be at that level very soon, but that is just my thinking!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.