MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

[Master Thread] iM3 New York, page-266

1. 939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1182
    Thank you for posting this Davelo.

There was one aspect that was interesting in the context of iM3NY and an earlier post of mine under the iM3NY Valuation string - in that, I used what external data I could find to estimate the selling price of the batteries ($ per kWh basis) to estimate revenues. What comes out of the above slides are two factors:

1. Reinforcing the superior energy density and recharging properties (as we are already very much aware of) of the iM3NY batteries - so that they can reasonably command a premium price.
    2. For the first time that I have seen, putting a band around sales prices. On the slide "Repurposing and Recycling" they have stated an Upper Price Bank of $150/kWh and a Lower Price Band of $114.05/kWh.

This is very useful, as per my earlier post to try and estimate a possible market value for iM3NY on listing, I used $115/kWh. This new data suggests that a $130/kWh figure may be more realistic. Note all figures are USD.

So what does that mean?

At 1.8 Gigafactory capacity, this translates to estimated annual revenues of US$234m and at the planned first stage expansion to a 5 Gigafactory, estimated annual revenues rise to US$650m. Applying a 15% EBITDA margin (as I determined that other factories seem to be achieving), then we are talking potential EBITDA of US$35m rising to US$97.5m.

From a valuation perspective, I used the 30x to 45x EBITDA range that is being suggested as the value for spin-out float of LG Chem's battery division. Hence:

At 1.8 Gig: $35m x 45 = $1,575m. Value to MNS (63% shareholding of iM3NY) = US$992m @ 0.75 exchange rate = AU$1,323m or $1.50 per MNS share. Note that I used the 45x multiple because of the near term growth plan to a 5 Gigafactory scale and that growth will be likely factored into the valuation of iM3NY in establishing a value for listing later this calendar year.

As always, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.