LGL 3.45% $1.40 lynch group holdings limited

masterful the not, page-3

1. 1,214 Posts.
    Hey ves,

What's with all the vitriol, mate. People buy and sell for all kinds of reasons.

People have differing timeframes. People (even goldies) have interests in different shares and favour one over another, from time to time.

LGL management haven't exactly covered themselves with glory in the budget vs. actuals in recent years and they haven't paid a dividend since Job was a boy. They were convinced that massive hedging was the way to go and have only recently become converts to the delivery into spot concept (but not before it cost shareholders $1bn).

The share still trades at a PE of 50 and (as I said), a dividend yield of zero.

Never fall in love with a share or a sector, is my belief. Your level of enthusiasm for this particular share is apt to cloud your judgment, if something bad happens to them, IMO.

Nevertheless, I continue to hold a significant stake in LGL, because I believe they are over most of their rocky times for the moment. However, they have a history of shooting themselves in the foot and falling victim to unfortunate circumstances, so I'd always maintain a somewhat cautious attitude towards this company, if I was you.

By rights, it should have been one of the most prolific performers of this gold cycle. The fact that it has not been (either in sp terms, or in profitability) tells you to to be on your guard.

They have about six more months with my money to turn their endless promises into reality. If they continue to disappoint me, I'll be looking for greener pastures.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.40
Change
-0.050(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $170.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.42 $1.42 $1.38 $20.62K 14.79K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3055 $1.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.46 14375 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.