WOW 0.54% $33.81 woolworths group limited

Chairman Cairns made a lot of noises about fixing up the ails of...

1. 2,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    Chairman Cairns made a lot of noises about fixing up the ails of Woolworths at the AGM. He stated that the most important task was to fix up customer service at the Woollies supermarkets, followed by the problems at Big W and Masters.

I get very, very annoyed when the real problem is deflected to the people on the shop floor. In almost every instance of shopping at Woolworths supermarkets over the past twenty or so years I can never recall walking away from a store thinking that the service I received was crap. The guys and girls on the shop floor do their damnest to make it work.

Clearly the real problems lie within the management. If you follow every debacle that has beset Woolworths over the past five/six years or so then all paths lead to the senior management. It can't be any other way. They make up company policy, the make the executive decisions, they are the ones who come up with decisions that affect the day to day operations of all branches. The number of highly questionable decisions are just too many to itemise.

It has been argued that senior management have lost touch with what goes on in the day to day world. I disagree....I don't think they ever had it.

Chairman Cairns MUST remove the deadwood from the top. Not tomorrow or next week but NOW.

All of this is my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.