WOW 0.39% $34.60 woolworths group limited

My view of Masters they stock everything needed for your...

1. 3,062 Posts.
    My view of Masters they stock everything needed for your home,the tool range is barely competitive,there are products throughout the store that are exclusive to Masters, like the EGO Mower its the most powerful rechargeable on the market.

The stores are airconditioned,they had a lot of staff,but that seems to have been pared back, no the thing that WOW seem to lack in general is promoting a sense of adventure through price discovery, running out end of lines or the almost out of date at things like 80% discount, laundry products 50% off, Coles are at least as cheap as Aldi if you look for bargains.

Lastly WOW rely on the tied old membership system,the loyalty discount they should take some notice of the patriarchs of retail because WES certainly have.

Sidney Myer the founder of Myers ran a bargain basement for remnants end of line or things that just did not sell, regardless of cost they were sold cheap,cheap,cheap it really served to reduce waste, create its own
    promotional or advertising for the store and probably contributed to establishing strong consumer habits,
    such as my own I love Bunnings and Coles because of the element of price duiscovery staff at Coles prior to WES takeover were withdrawn, unhappy , well at least at the store I shopped at for 15 years, since WES
    have been in control they appear to be genuinely happier they have more autonomy and it seems to create a sense of ownership that you just dont get in Woolworths,Big W but Dan Murphys seems very different.

Even though I think a lot of WES business model which I believe is built on Sidney Myers, I see WOW as a very exciting conservative profit play as an investor or trader, and should they stop trying to manage the staff as opposed to involving them in the process and tweaking the retail model and supply side they will do very well in rebuilding the business which will probably serve to create the Coles Standard and reduce the apparent competitive advantage, I found a Coles near my new home yesterday and love it, but I dont currently own any WES shares because I cannot see the relative value

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.60
Change
0.135(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $42.24B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.48 $34.78 $34.48 $22.60M 653.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 2694 $34.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.60 3052 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.46pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.