materialism coming to a shaking halt, page-6

1. 7,404 Posts.
    "The earthquake in Japan will generally be negative for stock markets worldwide"

not necessarily
    the markets are a pinnacle of greed and opportunism.
    the us market went up, not down, at the close of the week.
    which didn't surprise me.

was also thinking about materialism (i use the term defined as the pursuit of "so called" pleasure/power through material objects and associated orientated thoughts and emotions) over the past couple of days.

i knew a guy that survives quite happily in a batch with a solar panel and a wetback log burner.
    all of his posessions could fit in his car.
    was a very interesting person to talk to.

western culture (which of course includes most of the world now) is caught in the sick spiral of compromising the welfare of all life on this planet, because we are so tied up in pursuing convienience and the feedback loop of lazyness and associated psychological dependence.

humans perhaps have the potential to be the most skillful of all the species in respect to matters of mind, but also have the potential to be the most depraved of all the species

with great freedom comes great responsibility (and accountability, in respect to unwholesome choices)

if i was a racist, i would be ashamed to be a member of the human race of stupidity.

but this is how things are
    and there is no need to be like them

if this guy existed, he spoke some great truths - he knew the benefit of practicing compassion towards what he justifiably hated.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

if you start to look within and the composition of what is your self starts to become apparent, you might find that it is not so deserving of admiration?

it comes as no surprise that the world is the way it is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.