VTG 0.00% 8.1¢ vita group limited

Materially undervalued at current prices: Here's why, page-22

1. 271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    so yesterday TLS gets a 50m fine for misleading indigenous customers and . does this increase its motivation to close out the retail deal? (afr extract below, bold added)

Justice Mortimer said senior executives knew of risks posed by the bonus system from at least March 2017.“The system of sales targets and financial incentives for Telstra stores required, and incentivised, greater numbers of sales of post-paid services than pre-paid services,” she wrote.“Telstra was aware that its licensees paid financial rewards to sales staff and that this system had the potential to encourage the improper sales practices.”The maximum penalty available for the court to order was $131 million but Justice Mortimer accepted the lower offer as many of the contraventions overlapped and in light of Telstra’s “public apology and its high level of co-operation in these proceedings”.Telstra CEO Andy Penn has said that while “only a small number of licensee stores did not do the right thing”, the “impact on these vulnerable customers has been significant” and he planned to hold the company to account. “I have spoken often about doing business responsibly including about these failings since earlier [in 2020]. I am determined we have a leadership position and hold ourselves accountable in this regard,” he said.ACCC chairman Rod Sims described Telstra’s misconduct as “truly beyond conscience”, saying the steep penalty was “appropriate given the nature of the behaviour by Australia’s biggest telco”.Mr Sims slammed Telstra for “exploiting the social, language, literacy and cultural vulnerabilities of these Indigenous customers”, and condemned the board and senior executives for “failing to act quickly enough to stop these illegal practices”.Only car maker Volkswagen has been ordered to pay a higher consumer law penalty – $125 million – over the 2015 emissions scandal. The company is appealing the penalty.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.