He is not a Father of David, as Jesus only existed back then as...

1. 913 Posts.
    He is not a Father of David, as Jesus only existed back then as a future plan to be, by the Almighty God and Father.

Wotsup,

I am the root and the offspring of David

While you accept that Jesus is the literal offspring of David, your "set seeds" now require you to say that the root of David
    is only a metaphor when clearly the verse is about ancestry and descendancy

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.​

Yes, he can say that, as the plans God had for a future Jesus to be, were well and truly in God's mind, before a possible Abraham was even thought of.

Wotsup,
    If you read the preceding verses it is clear that the Jews believed that this is what Jesus was literally saying
    If you wish to read verses as a metaphor every time it doesn't agree with your "set seeds"
    you can make the Bible say whatever you wish.

In the mind and plans of God, the first of these was for a future Jesus, hence the likes of Isa 44:34, was not only for God's pleasure but, through, by reason of, for the sake of, because of, this future one to be (Jesus), God and God alone created all things, including us, for Jesus.

Wotsup,
    We have been "through" this before. The Greek word "dia" with the genitive is never, never ,ever, ever translated as
    "by reason of, for the sake of, because of"

The correct translation is through.
    If all things are created through Jesus, that means that Jesus was the one who created everything.
    The Father created everything through Jesus.
    "Through" doesn't mean that everything was created for Jesus but by Jesus

Isa 44:24 - Thus saith Yahweh, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I Yahweh that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earthby myself;

Wotsup,
    All things were created by Yahweh.
    All things are from the Father, through the Son and by the power of the Holy Spirit
    Jesus was the creator

The Supremacy of Christ
    15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…
    Berean Study Bible

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.