I think we all have eternal life in the sense that our spirit is...

1. 6,652 Posts.
    I think we all have eternal life in the sense that our spirit is of the same essence as God, hence, 'let us make man in our image, according to our likeness . . ' God being eternal then this aspect of us is also eternal.

As for saved, I believe this concerns the state, condition and development of the human spirit at death. Physical life is for the development of the spirit, to deliver it in a state of nearness to God and 'SAVED' then refers to the developed state of the human spirit. A human who has recognised God, accepted His Teachers and lived according to those teachings in service to humanity is in effect saved, in the sense that they have fulfilled their obligation to God. This does not then mean that they have arrived at some final destination, they too will progress even further towards God in the next life.

So I agree that eternal life and saved are not the same thing though they are related. In this physical life there are people who waste their life and those who are pillars of society, both live, yet one has wasted life and the other has fulfilled their life, this is the sense of saved.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.