@tonioOK Tonio, you've decided to dismiss the Truth of the...

1. 24,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

@tonio

OK Tonio, you've decided to dismiss the Truth of the "original" word, surprise surprise NOT.

Now lights on and get back to a KEY point which you're decoying away from.

Whereu claimed the following -> "Even as an infant Jesus was recognised as God, but never by @wostup who thinks he knows best."

He does this from the following;

"11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh."

I said -> "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO THERE ABOUT THEM WORSHIPPING GOD OR A GOD."

So come on Tonio, show me the words in 11 that say Jesus was recognized as, or worshiped as God or a God, any time you're ready. wink.png
    --------------
    "Wotsup, you just shot yourself in the foot again.

Jesus was worshipped as a baby; this was not after the cross."

The evidence before us, is that it is you that shoot yourself in the foot or should that be Feet, hmmm = as per the above, where does it say as a baby he was worshiped as God or a God?
    ------------
    "Also, why do we honour the Father?"
    "Is it not because he is God?"

It's because as Jesus defines independently of himself when here was here, as the Only True God and Father, just as he quotes from the OT -> Hear, Israel: Yehowah OUR God is ONE Yehowah and Jesus is Not Yehowah.

"How do we honour the Father?
    Is it not with worship?"

Worship is also communications, John 4:23, 24.
    You also obviously honor the Father by doing his will, etc, etc.
    ---------------
    ""Honor the Son as you would honor the Father."

"We honour Jesus with worship because he is God."

After the cross, he Became a begotten God, under The God and Father John 1:18, confirming Jesus's words in 17:3, that the Father was the only true God when he was here.

I will honor Jesus for the reasons He says;
    John 5:23 - that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Jesus says ZERO about honoring him because he is God, he refers to himself as the Son of Him.
    Just as he did when he countered their blasphemy claim, that he was making out to be God, when he countered that with -> you say I blaspheme BECAUSE I said I am the Son of God = He was in no way accepting their claim, that he was making out to be God.

Worship is also communications, so if you communicate the truth of the word of God, you are not only glorifying the Father and Son, but it would be deemed as worship.
    ----------------
    "My Lord and my God"

Lets us let the Bible answer this truth eh, or does it's truth frighten you??????
    To simplify it for you, yellow highlights = Jesus and green = the God and Father, keep in mind that Jesus defines the Father as the only true God 17:3 when he was here and not yet glorified and made a begotten God, when seeing Thomas.

John 14:5, 10 -Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
    Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Thomas is told twice here that the God and Father as well as Jesus were before him.
    So when Thomas sees Jesus what does he say and acknowledge ->
    My Lord and my God

Are you going to suggest that Thomas had a memory lapse and didn't remember that God was dwelling in Jesus which he acknowledges, surely NOT.

There is NO WAY Tonio that you can refute this Bible truth, which is in your face and maintain TRUTH.
    And lo - Behold, NO blessings whatsoever in Jesus's words for Thomas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.