Matt Kean has a plan, page-17

1. 46,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 644
    no idea why Albanese appointed Kean. p'raps because he's a Liberal Party former environment minister as well as treasurer and so he might be less of a target for ridicule by LibNats? maybe because he understands the science and the importance of GW and the need to reduce emissions? or even possibly because he has good organisation and leadership skills. I don't know.

certainly he seems to understand GW better than anyone in the Labs.

as CEO he doesn't need to be a scientist. how many CEOs are hired for their organisation skills rather than their understanding of the tech? he adds some degree of credibility that the Climate Change Authority lost over the 9 years of LibNat wasted non-effort.

did you read the brief that I posted above? its the first time that we as a nation have had such a pathway plan, so to my mind, he's achieved what has been needed for 30 years.

'carbon credits' are nothing but a sweetener to urge businesses to think they're doing something. they're a waste of money imo.... too many schemes are simply rorting the govt. still, reforestation is pretty important. the world has lost so much forest to agriculture, industry and residential developments that theres an urgent need to redevelop the natural carbon sink, and O2 production.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.