HDR hardman resources limited

re: Mauritania, 95 leads, count 'em We have 40 leads in the Dana...

1. 672 Posts.
    re: Mauritania, 95 leads, count 'em We have 40 leads in the Dana blocks:

September 12, 2002 8:04pm

Energy Editor ABERDEEN'S Dana Petroleum announced yesterday an accelerated exploration programme in the waters off Mauritania in West Africa.
    The Aberdeen company said attractive prospects had emerged from two successful 2-D seismic surveys, and acquisition of a large 3-D seismic programme is now expected to begin before the end of the year. This should lead to the finalising of drilling targets by mid-2003.

Mr Cross said more than 40 prospects that "looked good" had already been identified across the three blocks.

"We’ve seen a bunch of structures... it’s going to be multi-billion barrels," said Cross, after Australian energy group Woodside Petroleum reported that a thick layer of oil-bearing sediments had been encountered by a well drilled less than 100km from acreage controlled by Dana.

Cross added: "We’re very excited… we have a big position out there. Dana’s acreage is equivalent to 150 North Sea blocks… that’s a huge area."

We have more than 55 leads in the Woodside blocks:

I have a pdf file from the fusion oil website that was posted a few months ago and says there are over 55 leads in Fusions Mauritania blocks, although this estimate was prepared prior to the Thon failure so will probably be discounted a little as Thon style leads are ruled out. Nevertheless the 55 figure is more up to date than the 43 figure which is commonly quoted on this site. That estimate comes from the WPL takeover defence document which is 3 years old and out of date.

40 + 55 = 95 leads, each one worth potentially 20-100c to HDR. I'd guess that half will go the drilling stage and a third will be successful. Thats another 16 Chings & Bandas increasing HDR tenfold from current levels.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.