HDR hardman resources limited

mauritanian strife

1. 93 Posts.
    I'm starting to think that the current political turmoil in Mauritania is having a large negative impact on Hardman sentiment. The stock is so sluggish this year in the face of consistently good news. I don't think there's any conspiracy to hold the price down etc.; I think it's just plain old fear that the country is going to descend into chaos, or suffer a coup in which violently anti-western forces come to power. For example, there have been quite a few stories on the BBC recently concerning Mauritania, the elections, and the coups there. Today for example:

Charges for Mauritania candidate

Power has never changed hands through the ballot box in Mauritania
    The runner-up in Mauritania's disputed presidential election has been charged with planning to seize power by force.
    Mohammed Ould Haidallah was arrested just after voting closed and is also being charged with inciting violence.

The opposition claims the election was rigged in favour of President Maaouiya Ould Taya, who has ruled since 1984.

A BBC reporter in the capital, Nouakchott, says she has not met anyone who believed Mr Haidallah had been planning a coup.

Mr Taya won with 67% of the votes cast on Friday, against 19% for Mr Haidalla.

But a BBC reporter in the south-eastern town of Selibabi says counting was still going on when the results were announced by the interior ministry...

etc

I hold HDR (since the good old 5 cent days - what a wonderful investment); I'd like to keep holding!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.