XJO 0.70% 8,269.8 s&p/asx 200

max monday, page-47

1. 3,731 Posts.
    I just cannot figure it out silver is still considered money unless I can recalled copper, iron, even certain kind of shells has been considered money.

Look, if something happen, and you carry a bag of silver coins, let see worth $20/oz, ten oz of silver might weigh the the same of i-phone, or i-pod, so you figure it out why silver is less a money any more.

A lot of silver bugs simply hope silver can reach its full potential like $50 in early 1980s, or on inflation adjusted price, like $100+. It won't happen. If sliver is worth $100, silver miners will make a killing, and everyone will be silver miners, so overproduction is a sure thing, so the silver price will collapse. It happened before in US. Oversupply is a fact already since silver is more or less a by products of gold mines and most importantly, the industrial metal like zinc, lead and copper, nickel mines.

So my thinking is silver will lost its precious metal status soon or later, just like iron and copper. And wildly watched gold/silver ratio will widening.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.