MXR 2.22% 4.4¢ maximus resources limited

maximus emerging as a major force in iron ore, page-70

1. 3,267 Posts.
    Konsjo, thanks for posting the link

http://crave.cnet.com/8300-1_105-1.html?keyword=Oak+Ridge+National+Laboratory

The timing of advancements in titanium refinery processes could be of benefit to Maximus. The website talked about low cost, high volume production of titanium and also pure titanium. The extraction of titanium in the past has been a difficult and expensive process but the Armstrong process seems to have opened the path for increased demand for titanium for use in medical, military and commercial applications.
    The wide scale use of titanium in alloy production could well see a large market for the vanadium/ titanium rich magnetite . As I said in an earlier post on this thread, I don't know much about the elemental side of mining but I can see a wider value adding opportunity here for Maximus.
    Apart from the medical and huge military ( anti armour piercing) potential for increased applications for Titanium, the commercial aspect in relation to shipping and motor vehicle weight reduction could lead to efficiencies that reduce energy consumption ( and green house impacts)through weight reduction while increasing safety and strength of alloys used in the production process. The bit about the Armstrong process that interests me is the low cost high volume side of the Armstrong process technology. Another potential use is in reducing the weight and bulk of steel if the Armstrong process does in fact allow low cost high volume processing.
    Current steel production is cheap but heavy "short life" steel. As a world community, we have been producing steel for years that is not long life due to cost constraints. The use of Titanium in increasing content in the manufacturing of steel if genuinely low cost would transform the steel industry and lead to longer life construction.
    It will be interesting to see if the Titanium contained in the magnetite of Maximus's Canegrass prospect can provide a value added refinery similar to that which WVL has done with Vanadium on their adjoining site. If Maximus can establish a multi resource extraction mine and milling , the financial benefits of value adding could be good for opening new markets, economies of scale and resource value adding and the bottom line.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MXR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.