OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

May Production

1. 1,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 583
    Starting to think the company will roll May and June production into one announcement. The truck strike must have taken the wind out of there sales more than we know. It could even have implication involving the Force Majeure, I don't know how that is calculated in the end. If they do roll the two months together, it would be disappointing and be getting the monthly gold production reports off on the wrong foot.

But on the other hand, who knows what Richard has had to deal with over the last month, getting back form the UK to a truck strike. Just as the mine was ramping up and have to go from production to keep the place from flooding.. He must have wondered what he did wrong to cop that. It is easy to sit in the cheap seats and expect everything to be going just fine, but I can tell you, as could many others on here, from personal experience that it never does. So while it would be disappointing for them to roll it into one, it is not the end of the world and still gives us a good idea, probably even a better idea, of what to expect going forward. We will see what happens, but 19th tomorrow, so what is another few weeks in the grand scheme of things?

The other consideration is, and this comes to mind from MP's days, company's with mines in places like Brazil, don't make announcements about gold production until after the gold has been sold for security reasons, and who know just where we are in the buying cycle. Not everyone reading these announcements have good intentions. I can't remember at the moment, maybe someones can recall, but there was a mine robbed a few years back in our area...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.