CXO 0.00% 9.1¢ core lithium ltd

Very good description there of some really rare and unusual...

1. 705 Posts.
    Very good description there of some really rare and unusual silver minerals. There were places in the western deserts of the USA where horn silver was literally mined from the surface by the shovelful. Not any more. It has great value as a specimen. Here is a great link if you want to know more about some of the history of horn silver.

http://geology.about.com/od/geology_nv/a/nevadasilver.htm

Now back to making real money out of real mining. Most silver is locked up inside grains of galena, lead sulphide. Galena is usually quite easy to spot both in rock chip samples and in diamond cores. Diamond cores are more useful than chip samples because you can get much more detailed information. Drilling out rock chips is much, much cheaper. I'm a geo not a driller but my understanding is RAB uses air (rotary air blast) and RC uses water (reverse circulation) RAB is the cheapest and the dirtiest (noisy and dusty), suited for shallow reconnaissance drilling or drilling blast holes. RC comes next (quite noisy, lots of dirty water), suited for deeper exploration holes and boring for water. Diamond drilling is the most expensive and it produces plenty of waste water too. The diamond drill cores can provide a permanent record of the job. There are libraries of diamond drill cores.

Please disregard my disclosure. I'm interested in the geology.
    Last edited by Gneissic: 29/08/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $194.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.1¢ 9.3¢ 9.0¢ $1.424M 15.59M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97919 9.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.2¢ 1856379 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.