SVL 0.00% 17.0¢ silver mines limited

Off topic but perhaps of general interest under current...

1. 1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    Off topic but perhaps of general interest under current circumstances....
    Absolutely correct about fever reduction!
    I am a GP (and father of some kids!) and more many years I have tried to explain that the fever in a viral illness IS NOT THE PROBLEM (it's a friend) and should only be "treated" (as an unintended side effect) if the patient is in pain or distress
    Most mild-mod fevers do not huge discomfort on their own and are part of the body'e very efficient response to infection (immune system works much better at a slightly higher body temp) so should be left alone to do its job!
    BUT - this idea is a very hard one to sell to a worried parent of a sick child...
    [obvious exception is "What about febrile convulsions? Well if your child has a detectable fever and hasn't convulsed yet then they probably won't - it is probably the very rapid appearance and rise of the fever that causes the convlsion so the typical first thing said is "I didn't even know little Freddie was sick until he started having a seizure!"]
    So it makes sense that in this case with a virus that has some unusual characteristics of behaviour that fever reduction per se is a bad option if it can be avoided.
    Meanwhile waiting for silver to recover from its seizure and start shooting upwards...

sasa (holding and hoping...)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $256.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $598.7K 3.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 722567 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 886260 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.