maybe of interest, page-5

1. 3,698 Posts.
    "By connecting processing cores on a chip by light instead of with wires, the problems of high energy consumption and heat generated by multi-core chips could be bypassed, enabling leaps in computing power."

I'm pretty sure that ARR is using light to transmit data and increase bandwidth on their chips as I have heard this talked about on different occassions.

However I am not sure to what degree.

From what IBM is talking about, it seems you can fit a whole computer on a tiny little chip.

I doubt whether ARR would be into this.
    This would be in area of nanotechnology I'd say.
    Perhaps ARR are using a similar form of light technology to transmit data but they are using it in for a more basic way.

Maybe ARR isn't into making tiny computers but are using a similar kind of technology to get better download speeds using wireless broadband and to produce clearer images.

That's my take on it.

You'd think the transmission of data via light would be something that would underpin a whole host of applications wouldn't you?
    ARR are working in just a few areas..

Anyway good article and worth a read. Perhaps this whole area of opti-electronics will herald another digital revolution.
    IBM is into it and so are ARR by the looks of things.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.