LEG 0.00% 1.1¢ legend mining limited

maybe poised for a run..

1. 37,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400
    hi all..
    im not expert on legend, but have just had a little look.
    perhaps in the next month we could see legend increase in share price.
    noted that they had there first gold bar around the 18/12/03. 280 ounces....valued at approx $150,000.
    they also stated that other gold has been poured as well.
    so one might expect an update shortly about the progress being made.
    i have sent them an e-mail checking what is the breakeven price on their gidgee gold project per Aoz, hopefully i'll have that info soon.
    the Qtrly report should so some good cashflow results as well....
    so just keep an eye on whats happening might be a good punt...
    see below some more details about the gidgee project..
    more info is on their website...
    comments welcomed

ACN: 060 966 145
    ABN: 22 060 966 145
    SUITE 1, 46 ORD STREET Telephone +61 8 9322 3700
    WEST PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6005 Facsimile +61 8 9322 3800
    PO BOX 626, WEST PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6872 Email [email protected]
    LEGEND MINING
    AUSTRALIA’S NEWEST GOLD PRODUCER
    Legend Mining has this morning become one of Australia’s top ten Australian owned gold producers
    following shareholders’ decision on Monday 15 December 2003 to approve the acquisition of the
    70,000 ounce per year Gidgee gold mine from Abelle Limited.
    As part of the terms of the acquisition, Legend paid Abelle $1.3 million upon settlement yesterday and
    will pay the final cash instalment of up to $2 million by 30 June 2004, to acquire an operation that in
    the last quarter alone generated revenue of $9.3 million and a cash surplus of $3.4 million.
    The total acquisition cost of $6.5 million includes the $3.5 million cash component (including $0.5
    million for gold in circuit), $1 million in shares (16.7 million new shares at 6 cents to Abelle Limited)
    and $2 million for environmental bonds.
    Legend Managing Director Murray McDonald said, “The Gidgee acquisition allows Legend to grow,
    diversify and create value for our shareholders. If the gold price holds up, the Gidgee project should
    be able to pay for itself within 12 months.”
    The Gidgee gold project, located 90 kilometres north of Sandstone in Western Australia’s northern
    goldfields region, has current gold resources of 515,000 ounces and contains over 600 km² of highly
    prospective and under-explored Gum Creek greenstone belt.
    The Gidgee project has excellent existing infrastructure, including power, water, roads, airstrip and an
    under-utilised 600,000 tpa gold processing plant.
    Mr McDonald added, “We intend to continue underground mining at Gidgee, and accelerate
    underground and regional exploration, particularly near-mine areas where significant potential exists
    to discover extensions to previously mined orebodies and open up new mineralised zones for treatment
    at the operating mill.”
    ENDS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $31.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.0¢ $7.523K 708.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1809488 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 41105 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.