EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

Maybe they know what they are doing

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Here we are, post AGM. I read the story in the West Australian by Peter Klinger posted before the meeting, and google alerts sent me an updated version after the meeting. I think it describes the situation accurately. Some investors were unhappy with the resolutions, as it turns out most were not.

Now that there's nothing to vote on for a while, we as investors have to sit and watch the show. Talking about past events, and alluding to conspiracy theories and indulging in baseless rumour hurts the company. The company you own. Trash talking the board (many of which have more skin in the game than a lot of us combined) suggesting that their intentions are less than honest hurts the company you own. There's nothing wrong with raising questions, but it seems to me that a lot of posts I read on here are written without stopping and thinking things through.

The board has a lot at stake, in many ways, but particularly financial. They want the company to succeed as much as you do. To suggest anything less means your indulging in fantasy. You're angry and you're letting your anger cloud your judgment.

Can the detractors on this forum consider one possibility about our BOD: Maybe they know what they are doing. I'm not talking about the past. As I've said before, I wish we had drilled more wells in the last two years. Don't be concerned about yesterday or last week. Nothing can be done in that direction, as far as I'm aware (if you know someone who can go back in time please message me, as I wanna put money on Canterbury's remarkable (if a little dubious) 17-4 triumph over Manly in the 1995 Grand Final).

Let's judge the actions of our board going forward, and maybe lay off the negativity unless it's absolutely warranted. Here's hoping the next 100 articles about Empire Oil & Gas are concerned with happy, united shareholders and report gas discoveries on a massive scale.

Peace and good luck to you all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.