BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

maybe this will be the catalyst to drive s/p , page-21

1. 221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    The frustration with the way Biota has been managed and the fact those managers continue to draw healthy returns despite a poor sharemarket performance has been a recurring theme for some years now. I have received no communication from the company since it transferred to the US - not a single piece of paper or email. There are no plans for an Australian roadshow and I can no longer confront them at an Australian AGM.

Nothing changes. As relatively small shareholders we can be ignored. Hunter Hall will not talk to small shareholders - and nor should they be obliged to.

Venting on HC may be therapeutic but it hasn't made any difference over the past few years. Small Australian shareholders need to find a way to join forces so that as a bigger block they can receive some attention. That's no easy feat with many small shareholders with different size parcels and slightly different views on what the company should be doing. It could only unite on areas of common interest- such as shareholder communication or dual listing. However better communication would allow shareholders to vent their own personal beefs. For example the group could lobby for company management to make themselves available to Australian shareholders in a face to face, or internet based, interview at least once a year - preferably twice. (We want to hear from the Board, not a PR company.)

The Hotcopper post titled Ozbiota a couple of weeks back referred to a blog site about Biota. I think the intention of this site is to galvanise small shareholders into some sort of combined action group. At present the site is trying to gauge the level of interest from shareholders and if large enough formulate a meeting of the parties. It may all come to nothing but seems worth a try. If a 10% shareholding block could be put together it may be able to meaningfully lobby the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.