re: little john with the giant dream... Nam I agree that JH will...

1. 13,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    re: little john with the giant dream... Nam I agree that JH will go down in history as Australia's worst PM. I've posted on this before and will not repeat my arguments here.

However it's worth commenting on the Star Wars scenario. Ostensibly this has been brought on by the Nth Korean opening of their reactor. But let's look at this a bit more closely.

1) Did not Australia just relase a defence discussion paper in which it was stated that there is now LESS chance that Australia will come under conventional attack? Terrorism is a greater threat it seems.

2)Is not Australia one of the few countries that actually has diplomatic relations with NK?

3) This being the case, do we really believe that Australia is enemy number one, two or even 27 for NK. In other words are we really threatened by NK?

4) While NK does have a nuclear reactor it will be years before they can make the material needed for the bomb and then a bomb.

5) If there is no real threat from NK why would JH express interest and support in a system that demonstrably does not work now and according to experts has little chance of working in the future?

This last one really has me thinking. Is it a diversion to get people away from thinking about the Iraqui problem? I don't know but why would a leader place his country in jeopardy by identifying itself as a terrorist target as JH has done? Why would a leader alienate his near Asian neighbours without real need? Stupid? Arrogant? or is there a plan....?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.