maybe war is not imminent, page-45

1. 374 Posts.
    re: ericbaume/yids G'Day yids, interesting questions, all I can say in response is that my mother as long as I knew her was never much interested in religion of any sort. I think she sent us kids to the local church simply because it was what everyone else in the street was doing and she didn't want to stick out too much. In those days Australia was going through its usual xenophobia though, I must say not nearly as nastily and selfishly as it does today and while "reffos" were objects of interest and some suspicion they tried as much as possible to blend into the landscape.

Self-abhorrment doesn't really come into it. Their race as Jews may have been something that caused them difficulties in their own country but even at that stage of their lives they themselves did not identify with Jewishness as a system of beliefs or pretty much anything else.

In fact this whole term of self abhorrment sticks in my craw. A bullsh*it construct of those who seek to discredit and silence legitimate Jewish criticsm of other Jews. I find the facile psychology that I hate other Jews because I might be ashamed of being a Jew myself rather unconvincing.

OK yids, now its your turn. You have been at pains in previous posts never to actually deny that you are Yak. Once and for all fess up to the truth now!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.