CAY 2.60% 7.5¢ canyon resources limited

MC and Beyond. What Comes of 2023

1. 1,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 435
    Thought I'd start a fresh thread as the old ones have become stale and less relevant now the poxy options vote has been completed. AND it appears on face value, that some of the CR participants and a couple of others have finished or reduced their selling (For now anyways). Oops spoke to soon another dumping just occurred eek.png
    Time to throw in some positivity as we get so much closer to a decision on the MC being signed and awarded.
    The below comments are purely my own views, based on my own research and 12 years experience investing in Canyon. It is not financial advice.
    Please DYOR.

I'll start with some of the positive FACTS I have recognised from the last 9 months:

Positive Management Changes: We've finally had some long awaited board changes, fresh (And highly regarded) leadership has entered the arena and most of the old, (And overpaid) management has left. Well done to JS for making encouraging/enforcing these changes and recognising the previous management were overpaying themselves and reduced the boards salaries!!! Massive vote of confidence from me!

Mining Convention: We know the MC is sitting on the PM's desk, waiting for final consideration and sign off. Hopefully with some gentle persuasion and the recently delivered letters of support from all communities and leaders, a recently completed strong and highly sustainable BFS having been finalised and delivered, and with JS's baby blues returning to Cameroon very soon, fingers crossed, we could soon see some favourable and long awaited news coming from Cameroon. (I won't use the I word wink.png)
    For me, this IS the catalyst to finally see some shareholder value returned and a long awaited re-rate in the share price (Which is our main concern).

Offtakes/Joint Venture: I firmly believe and as @pika pika has pointed out, the MC will trigger finalisations of potential Offtake and or JV that will potentially come with $$$ up front. If it eventuates in some sort of takeover over, all well and good. But my belief is that may or may not come later down the track. I truly hope for everyone here, it does eventuate.

It will be interesting from my perspective to see if China Minmetals Corporation (MCC) subsidiary, Zhongye Changtian International Engineering Co., Ltd. (MCC CIE) play any future part in CAY or indeed become a J/V partner. Personally after all the hassles with delivering the BFS, and the games allegedly played in the background, I doubt it. And I hope money does comes in from elsewhere as we do know there has been significant interest from other parts of the world other than China.

Port/Rail: I suspect the signing of the MC will also trigger Port and Rail Agreements (For Stage 1) being finalised, in due course. I believe once they successfully progress stage 1, Stage 2 incorporating the Kribi Port and rail link will be advanced. I suspect that will be some time off.

Institutional Investors: I feel it has been mostly RETAIL shareholders who have been the main buying support for the share price. We have been very patient here. And screwed over many times in my eyes. Especially after some over-zealous hype over the years.

I'm hoping and I suspect, we will see some institutional support arrive once the MC date is given and a signature is obtained. That for me, opens Aladdin's Cave and one would think, the share price SHOULD rerate on the back of such news. I cannot see why funds will not invest, once the MC is signed as it significantly derisks CAY's future within Cameroon. Why wouldn't International and Institutional Funds not want to invest in a proven, Tier 1 asset, containing the largest and highest grade Bauxite in the world? Especially once we reach that SIGNIFICANT $100 Mill Market Cap. Which with the added CR shares will be reached around 12 cents by my math? That will allow certain larger international funds to invest and I have no doubt, this new board has the contacts, confidence, knowhow, experience and ability to pull this off.

Most of the ppl I know that invested here are sitting on heavy losses, with average prices between 15-20c having bought in on the broker hype as most have. Unfortunately a lot of the ppl I know, didn't have the ability to average down.
    I honestly believe JS's Performance Based Shares which trigger at 10, 15, 20 and 25 cents will come into fruition within a reasonable timeframe once the MC is signed. If I am right, that will bring me much joy, because all of the ppl I know will finally see a return on their hard earned dollars, after such a long and volatile ride in Canyon.

Onwards and Upwards and GLTAH.
    Peace all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
-0.002(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.7¢ 7.5¢ $327.8K 4.364M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 300000 7.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 364487 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.5¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.5¢ 148466
Last updated 14.37pm 02/05/2024 ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.