SKE 0.00% $1.64 skilled group limited

mcfadden's skilled transition from woe to go

1. 1,999 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    An article in the Australian today:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mcfaddens-skilled-transition-from-woe-to-go/story-e6frg8zx-1226521541925

With a bit of an extract below. Confident there is more in the tank for Skilled.

McFadden says the journey is far from complete: the next focus is achieving major productivity and efficiency gains by automation of Skilled's processes.

"They might be simple things like introducing automated workplace risk assessments. We can provide a better service to our clients and on a more efficient and cheaper basis. We are just starting on that stage of the transformation. I think that is very exciting," she says.

She believes Skilled has a responsibility to redirect and focus training to meet skills shortages in certain sectors of the economy, but wants the government to do more. "Relocation, she says, is not the answer. "It needs to be the coming together of government and industry to identify the demands and the needs and then to have a framework for achieving the training that is required because . . . there will be some relocation, but that is not the only answer. It is reskilling and retraining," she says.

But for the moment it is the organic opportunities for Skilled that excite her and McMahon.

"We have a lot of potential in the core business," she says.

"We have 11 per cent market share, and we are the market leader, so there is a lot of room for organic growth in that space. If you provide on a cheaper cost platform, a better service and labour solutions for our clients, I think there is lots of opportunity."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.