Well, Sweetsound, your response has the command of language and...

1. 282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Well, Sweetsound, your response has the command of language and that indicates a decent education and a responsible, ethically aware person.

Which is why I wonder why you haven't balanced your dislike of 'coercive measures' against the opposing view that to protect the state as a whole both economically and from social and equitable standpoints the leadership - essentially the Premier advised by the medical profession - it did become necessary to impose limits upon normal social interactions. This in an emergency situation and aimed at staving off utter disaster.
    Remember, two years ago Covid was far worse than it is now in its lethality and morbidity. We had no vaccines, antivirals or deep knowledge of what we were dealing with. Mr. McGowan had to have the courage to make serious decisions affecting his whole community with no time to dither.

It's just my opinion but I think he did remarkably well given the circumstances he was thrown into. Mind you, his lack of an effective Loyal Opposition was, for him at least, fortuitous.

I wish you well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.