"You have no idea how I long for a real political party to the...

1. 41,483 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "You have no idea how I long for a real political party to the left of the ALP ,instead of the cartoon characters we have now."

while I agree our party pollies are largely caricatures of representatives of electorates. Senators are even worse in this regard as they are (largely) party apparatchiks that have climbed the greasy pole to earn a place on the senate ticket. therefore they have no accountability to an electorate. we vote for a party in the Senate not the individuals. I dislike this intensely.

a "real political party to the left of the ALP"? I sure don't get where you're coming from there mate, but to each their own. a true left party would be anathema to good governance imo. just as bad as a right wingtipper Govt.

McKim is a green. so there you have it. a left wingtipper. so what can we expect? and maybe he doesn't understand the ROE factor. clearly though Banducci didn't want to discuss this number, which I'm certain he would know.

a senate inquiry has legal requirements for interviewees. Banducci should know this too. imo the duopoly grocery market is captive and easy to be manipulated for greater profits. the inquiry was determined to get at the basis of the price rises and to identify if such manipulation of prices was causing hardship for families in the context of the inflation problem. greedy businesses have always taken advantage of such price inflation. they don't have a consciousness of customer sustainability or the affect on customers suffering from increase cost of living.

neither do they have a consciousness of their responsibility to the nation, i.e. how price gouging can damage the management of inflationary pressures. no doubt many would say the supermarkets have no such responsibility. this is a moot debate that has never really been had on HC.

I don't cast blame for this particular issue on either the Inquiry/McKim or Banducci, but its clear the frustration caused by Banducci was breaching the legal requirement for him to answer fully and truthfully.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.