McLachlan - accused of indecent assault and asst other chat, page-229

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Yes the name Jim Cairns Jean Morosi Affair comes readily to mind where Cains successfully sued the media for defamation but, much later, admitted that he did have an affair with Jean Morosi.It doesn't say much for our legal system does it,as it seems the public were more in tune with the truth than our well paid legal beagle judges, fromWikepedia:

'Morosi gradually faded from public attention, but her tumultuous years in the spotlight continued to haunt her. Media outlets continued to make allegations about her relationship with Cairns, and she successfully sued 2GB and The Daiy Mirror for defamation.] She won $17,000 in damages from The Daily Mirror and $10,000 from 2GB. On 2GB Ormsby Wilkins had said that "Junie Morosi is an immoral adventuress who has slept with a variety of notable politicians

'In The Daily Mirror case, Morosi told the court: "I felt insulted, angry, upset and hurt. It was very demeaning to me as a woman [to be called Cairns's 'girlfriend']. I saw myself as a professional, as a competent person doing her job. It was cheap. It was as though it had nothing to do with business but everything to do with sex." The jury decided the article in question did imply a sexual relationship, but was "not defamatory." In 2002 Cairns admitted his relationship with Morosi had been sexual, in other words he, and Morosi, lied!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.