CSL 0.40% $294.88 csl limited

McNamee Opines on a Weighty Matter, page-22

1. 4,628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 859
    Firstly, congrats on linking to a scientific publication to support your argument, it's all too rare. Unfortunately the best that can be taken from this article is that there is a level of disagreement within the scientific community on resistance to recurring infection in individuals.

To balance that I'd remind you that even Sweden, Brazil and the US (all of whom have had many deaths) have not even raised the prospect of herd immunity to my knowledge. So unless you can cite a reference for HERD immunity I believe my point stands that it remains a fantasy.

I also disagree that quarantine is futile. There are many diseases (Tuberculosis is one that comes to mind) which are endemic in particular areas of the world and a degree of special screening is required for visitors. Once countries such as Australia get their s@/t together it's not so hard for NZ to allow risk assessed entry from selected countries and regions. I believe they and most states of Australia are quite happy with their situation thank you very much.

Australia was once adept at such quarantine measures. The reason that there's so much clamour for open borders for this infectious disease (as distinct from a host of other diseases) is because it's the influential parts of the developed world (primarily US and UK) that have been so abysmal in getting its spread under control.
    Last edited by optimistus: 11/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$294.88
Change
1.180(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $142.5B
Open High Low Value Volume
$294.99 $296.49 $293.82 $249.0M 844.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 347 $294.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$294.89 956 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.