GIR 0.00% $5.43 giralia resources nl

AJ,It’s pisolite iron ore (i.e. detritial rubble as opposed to...

1. 1,341 Posts.
    AJ,

It’s pisolite iron ore (i.e. detritial rubble as opposed to enriched banded iron ore formation), the grades are in fact – quite good – I would look at some of the recent “DSO” Brockman/Yilgran grades for comparison

The Western Creek grades and thicknesses are superb – and I look forward to further extensions

Earaheedy will be (is?) the main game. Although previous drill results were disappointing –the company apparently did not have clearance to drill on any of the topographic highs (highly recommended when exploring for iron ore) – so previous results only reflect “valley” drilling. What is of concern, however, is that I believe that half of the Earaheedy tenement is under nature reserve. Apparently is this is the process of being granted (or is already granted???) to explore under - and by direct implication – be allowed to mine if a deposit was found. A personal concern because I do not inherently trust the Western Australian government bureaucratic machine.

There are other potential deposits of interest, which I will not talk about at this time.

In regards to contaminants – I have read many postings on hot copper and the views expressed often reflect old ideas and or misunderstandings.

Iron ore sales and marketing is all about blending, and that is why BHP, RIO and FMG are all racing each other signing up as many potential small miners as possible – because the have the marketing savvy to blend and create certain products that are acceptable to various clients (at a price of course). A case in point would be FMG’s Serenity deposit (great SciFi movie by the way), which, in my opinion, is pretty horrible. In general, I would say it’s far to early to worry about contaminants, and I would leave that to the metallurgists and marketing people near to the time of sale.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.